Atlanta Unfair Competition Attorney
The free market can only operate properly if everyone is playing by the same rules. Unfair business practices undermine the system and harm businesses that are operating in good faith. At the Carroll Law Firm, we understand our clients’ business interests and needs, and we know how to evaluate when they have been wronged by other unscrupulous players. Atlanta unfair competition attorney Stacey Carroll has years of experience helping businesses anticipate and preemptively address potential anti-competitive issues before they arise, and effectively pursue claims of unfair business behavior after it happens. We also represent consumers who have been victimized by unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent conduct and defend companies who are facing allegations of deceptive practices.
Protecting our clients’ business interests
At the Carroll Law Firm, we are prepared to represent Atlanta clients dealing with a wide range of unfair competition claims, including the following:
- Violations of non-compete, non-solicitation, non-recruitment, and non-disclosure agreements
- Misappropriation of trademarks and trade secrets as well as other intellectual property infringement
- Breach of fiduciary duty and the duty of loyalty
- Breach of employment agreements
- Fraudulent business practices or business dealings
- Actions for defamation, libel, slander, false advertising or invasion of privacy
- Misrepresentation or fraud
- Tortious interference with business dealings
- Falsely disparaging the nature or quality of goods or services provided by another company
Our goal is typically to avoid long-winded, protracted litigation. Instead, we aim to resolve your unfair competition claims through amicable negotiation, efficiently and effectively protecting your interests while preventing long trials. However, when dealing with an unscrupulous counterparty or a party who has leveled salacious allegations against your company, court proceedings may be necessary. In such cases, we still aim to end the matter quickly through declaratory judgments or temporary restraining orders.
Regardless of the case, we will thoroughly investigate and assess your claims or those brought against you and work with you to determine the best approach to sort out the problem in a cost-effective manner that serves to best protect your company’s interests. Atlanta business law attorney Stacey Carroll is well-versed in balancing the aggressive prosecution of legal claims with the realities of running the day-to-day operations of a business, and we will craft our representation to your needs.
Protecting consumers from unfair or deceptive practices
Companies owe a duty to the public to accurately represent their goods and services. Companies cannot simply say whatever they wish about the nature or quality of their products with a complete disregard for the truth. Consumers rely on the statements and representations of companies offering consumer goods and services because they lack the information possessed by the purveyors of those goods and services. Companies who hide bad intel, mislead consumers about the effectiveness or quality of their products, inappropriately try to associate themselves with a more trustworthy brand, inappropriately harass consumers with unlawful telemarketing schemes, or otherwise deceive or defraud consumers, must be forced to compensate consumers for the harm they have suffered.
Laws prohibiting unfair or deceptive business practices are put in place to help other businesses as well as consumers. At the Carroll Law Firm, we have experience bringing claims under Georgia’s Fair Business Practices Act as well as the applicable federal laws prohibiting unfair or deceptive business practices. We handle a wide variety of unfair business practice claims, including, for example, the following:
- Intentionally causing confusion about the source of goods or services
- Creating contracts of adhesion that prey upon consumers’ ignorance or force customers to agree to draconian and unreasonable terms
- Deceptive advertisements that misrepresent the effectiveness, purpose, nature, ingredients, or quality of goods
- Mislabeling that fails to warn customers of anticipated problems or side-effects
- Engaging in illegal or inappropriate telemarketing or solicitation schemes
- Falsely advertising services or products without any intention of actually offering those goods or services
- Failing to provide accurate terms of service on coupons, gift certificates, or other similar items
Ask Our Dedicated Atlanta Unfair Competition Attorney For Help
If you have questions regarding unfair business practices or need representation to protect your business interests in the face of unlawful, fraudulent, or other unjust and anticompetitive behavior, contact a seasoned Atlanta unfair competition lawyer at the Carroll Law Firm for a free consultation. You can reach us at 404-816-4555.