Atlanta Emergency Room Malpractice Attorney
When you suffer an unexpected injury or become very ill, you may visit an emergency room to receive treatment. While the medical professionals in these facilities are typically very skilled and provide the adequate standard of care, mistakes are also sometimes made. Even the smallest mistake on the part of a healthcare professional can cause a patient to suffer grave harm. If you or someone you love has suffered due to this type of medical negligence, our Atlanta emergency room malpractice attorney can provide the sound legal advice you need.
What Emergency Room Errors are Most Common?
Although no one wants to think about it, there are many emergency rooms errors that cause further harm to patients. The most common of these include:
- Failure to perform a full medical evaluation
- Failure to properly diagnose medical conditions
- Failure to order appropriate diagnostic tests
- Inadequate wound sutures
- Improper insertion of IV lines
- Insufficient communication between staff members
- Insufficient communication between doctors and patients
- Failure to fully understand the patient’s medical history
- Failure to properly explain procedures to patients
- Failure to provide instructions to patients about post-procedure care
- Failure to account for adverse reactions to certain medications
Regardless of who or what caused your injuries, an Atlanta emergency room malpractice lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you need.
Determining Liability for Emergency Room Malpractice
An emergency room can have dozens of people working in them at any given time. Those professionals all have different jobs, so it is not always easy to determine who is liable, or at fault, for a mistake. In the majority of cases, liability falls on one or more of the following medical professionals:
- Emergency room doctors
- Emergency room nurses
- A hospital administrative staff member
- An anesthesiologist
- A pharmacist
- A drug manufacturer
Determining who is liable for your injuries is never easy, particularly when you are trying to recover from serious injury or illness. A lawyer will investigate the situation and determine who is liable for paying the compensation that is justly yours.
Compensation Available in Emergency Room Malpractice Claims
An emergency room malpractice claim will allow you to recover financial compensation to offset the costly burden of your injuries. The most common types of damages available in these cases include:
- The initial cost of treating your injury
- Any expenses relating to your rehabilitation
- Lost income if your injuries kept you from returning to work
- The impact your injury will have on any future earning capacity if you cannot return to the same line of work
- Mental anguish
- A loss of quality of life
If you have been left permanently impaired and cannot return to the career you once had, you may be able to receive maximum compensation.
Our Emergency Room Malpractice Lawyer in Atlanta Can Help You Claim Full Damages
Emergency room errors result in some of the most serious injuries. At Carroll Law Firm, LLC, our Atlanta emergency room malpractice lawyer can help you claim the full and fair settlement you need to recover from them. Call us now at 404-816-4555 or contact us online to schedule a complimentary consultation and to obtain the legal representation you need.