Stacey Carroll is an experienced trial lawyer who has litigated hundreds of civil lawsuits for both individuals and businesses, many of which involved millions of dollars in damages. He has first-chaired jury trials in Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee, and has been recognized as an elite “Super Lawyer” by Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, a distinction given to less than 2% of the state’s lawyers.
Stacey’s litigation philosophy is based on legal creativity, meticulous preparation, and relentless aggression. From the moment of the initial client consultation, Stacey prepares each case for presentation to a jury at trial, as he believes that this approach maximizes the compensation recovered for each client, whether through a pre-trial settlement or a jury verdict. Stacey recognizes that each of his clients has placed a great amount of trust in him, and he takes that obligation with extreme sincerity and humility.
Stacey graduated summa cum laude in the top two percent of his class from the University of Georgia School of Law. He was named the school’s most outstanding moot court advocate, winning a national championship and best oral advocate award at a national moot court competition. Stacey also served on the Georgia Law Review, where his article on product liability preemption was published and cited by courts and treatises. He was inducted into the Order of the Coif and Order of the Barristers.
Prior to law school, Stacey was a Certified Public Accountant for a major accounting firm. He obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Florida State University, where he graduated summa cum laude. He also obtained a Master’s Degree in Accounting from Florida State University, earning a fellowship and teaching assistantship. Stacey has taught Accounting for Lawyers to law students as an adjunct professor at the University of Georgia School of Law.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Florida State University, M.S., in Accounting and Taxation, magna cum laude
- Florida State University, B.S. in Accounting, summa cum laude
- Georgia trial courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
Membership & Activities
- Adjunct Professor of Accounting for Lawyers, University of Georgia School of Law
- Georgia Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- Blue Key
Honors and Awards
- Recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers as among Georgia’s legal elite
- Named University of Georgia’s Most Outstanding Moot Court Advocate, 2003
- 2002 Prince Evidence Moot Court Competition, National Champion and Best Oral Advocate
- 2003 National Moot Court Competition, Southern Regional Best Oral Advocate, National Semi-Finalist Team